Freezable Breakfast Tacos - Simple Breakfast Idea
byon 07-10-2012 at 03:23 AM (118 Views)
"Seeking for a fast and simple way to tackle the breakfast rush? The crucial to eating a nutritious breakfast is preparing ahead. On busy days, it is great to have these in the freezer, ready to microwave and go.
1 dozen eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package frozen hashbrowns
1 pound breakfast sausage
1 jar salsa
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz shredded monterey jack cheese
20 flour tortillas medium size
You will require parchment paper and ziplock bags for wrapping and freezing.
1. Prepare the hashbrowns according to the package directions.
2. Fry the breakfast sausage.
3. Scramble the eggs with the milk and salt and pepper.
4. Mix the hashbrowns, sausage, and eggs in a big bowl.
5. Mix the cheeses.
6. On a square of parchment paper, location one tortilla.
7. Place several tablespoons of hashbrown, sausage, and egg mixture onto the tortilla in a line, slightly off center. Amount used will depend on the size of your tortilla, but dont stuff also full.
8. Add a Tablespoon of salsa thinly along the best of the egg mixture. Sprinkle cheese on best of all.
9. Fold the ends gently in, then fold more than one particular side and roll up.
10. Roll up in wax paper, place into ziplock bag, and repeat with subsequent tortilla.
11. Location the tortillas into the freezer.
12. When ready to consume, spot tortilla into microwave on high for ninety seconds. Add 1 minute for every single additional tortilla.
Now that you have tried this recipe, be creative. Maybe stuff the tortillas with tonights leftover mashed potatoes and roast beef. Try ham with macaroni and cheese. Use your imagination and your leftovers to create healthy breakfasts that can be prepared in a minute. Get pleasure from! buy fridge freezer"