6 Things to do if involved in a Motorcycle Accident
byon 07-07-2012 at 02:16 AM (129 Views)
"Motorcycle accidents have a reputation for being some of the deadliest. Motorcycles offer you small protection to riders in the event of an accident therefore the injuries are frequently severe requiring long recovery periods.
Usually, motorcycle accidents are not the bikers fault. Due to the size distinction among a motorcycle and passenger automobile, motorcycles are harder to see and are frequently lost in the passenger vehicles blind spot. Due to this reality bikers are often sideswiped by automobiles that simply did not see them.
Some shocking statistics from the National Highway Site visitors Safety Administration show that motorcyclists are 32 occasions more likely to die in an accident than passenger vehicle occupants, and 6 occasions far more likely to suffer injuries. It is essential to remember that bikers are entitled to compensation for injuries due to an individual elses negligence as properly as passenger automobile drivers.
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident it is important to dont forget the following items:
1. Report the accident to police. The police report is useful to your auto accident injury lawyer in determining fault.
2. Record the names and statements of witnesses to your accident. Take images and record any unusual circumstances or whether that may possibly have contributed to the accident. This will be especially helpful must your case go to court.
3. Do not speak with any insurance agents or adjusters that may possibly show up at the scene. This is an unscrupulous tactic occasionally utilized to get folks to admit fault or say a thing that could hurt their claim.
four. Call your insurance business to report the accident. Do not speak with the other partys insurance coverage carrier. Let your motorcycle accident injury lawyer deal with them.
5. Even if you feel you havent sustained a severe injury, it is a excellent concept to get checked out by a physician. Some brain injuries do not show up right away and insurance businesses may be reluctant to spend for an injury later on.
6. Make contact with a motorcycle accident injury lawyer as soon as attainable. auto accident lawyer seattle wa"